Open Space was celebrated throughout the evening, as long-time OSAC chair Greg Stevinson received Hall of Fame honors and the Colorow Ute Council Tree became the newest county landmark.The Hall of Fame event is the culmination of annual efforts of the Jefferson Co. Historical Commission. This year’s event was held at Mt. Vernon Country Club with more than 100 guests in attendance. See more photos from the festivities in our online gallery. Our thanks go to photographer Matthew Lewis for generously sharing these photos. In addition to the above awards, the Hall of Fame event celebrates new county landmarks, National Register sites, and Writers’ Award winners. The 2013 edition of our annual Historically Jeffco magazine was also distributed on this occasion. Review the magazine’s contents here; the entire issue will be online in February 2014. Look for copies at your local historical society; they are free to members.
Next JCHC meetings:
Note: January Meeting: January 9th Retreat at Boettcher Mansion, Noon to 4 p.m.
Note: Meetings are now 2-4 p.m. on the 1st Monday of each month
Meeting Agendas here
- 2017 Historic Preservation Symposium March 7, 2017
- Jefferson County’s Judge’s Wall Displays the History of the 1st Judicial District December 16, 2016
- Hank Alderfer’s Yesteryear December 1, 2016
- Anniversary of Arapahoe City November 29, 2016
- Throwback Thursday: 1976 Centennial-Bicentennial November 10, 2016
Would you like to:
On the County Side
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets