In January, long-time county resident Laura Miller donated her collection to the Jefferson Co. Archives. Archivist Ronda Frazier was pleased to receive the well organized boxes of clippings and records from more than 50 years of county history. Laura Miller is a former state legislator and education advocate who helped organize the R-1 school district in 1950. She was named to the Jeffco Hall of Fame in 2009.
Next JCHC meetings:
Note: January Meeting: January 9th Retreat at Boettcher Mansion, Noon to 4 p.m.
Note: Meetings are now 2-4 p.m. on the 1st Monday of each month
Meeting Agendas here
- 2017 Historic Preservation Symposium March 7, 2017
- Jefferson County’s Judge’s Wall Displays the History of the 1st Judicial District December 16, 2016
- Hank Alderfer’s Yesteryear December 1, 2016
- Anniversary of Arapahoe City November 29, 2016
- Throwback Thursday: 1976 Centennial-Bicentennial November 10, 2016
Would you like to:
On the County Side
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets