The 2013 Symposium will be sponsored on May 4th in cooperation with the City of Wheat Ridge, who will host the event.
This event is past. See Carnation County for a report on the 2013 symposium.
Meet us at 8:30 at the Active Adult Center (6363 W. 35th) for coffee and a program focused on the area’s agricultural past and sustainable future. Download the agenda and registration form here; includes details and directions.
If you’d like to reserve lunch, cost is $10; otherwise the event is free. RSVP to Dennis Dempsey, 303.271.8734 or email ddempsey AT jeffco DOT us by FRIDAY APRIL 26th!!
Agenda for May 4th
8:30 – 9:00 am Registration
Coffee and Refreshments provided by Food for Thought, Wheat Ridge
9:00 – 9:15 am Welcome and Introductions:
- Rose Lewis, Chair, Jefferson County Historical Commission
- Mayor Jerry DiTullio, City of Wheat Ridge
9:15 – 10:00 am Keynote Speakers: Intro by Cynthia Shaw, JCHC
- Gerhard Petri AIA and Jessica Reske AIA,
Slaterpaull Architects, Inc.—―Restoration and Adaptive
Reuse of the Fruitdale School
10:00 – 10:10 am Break: Complimentary snacks and beverages
10:10 – 10:30 am Networking Session: Led by Mary Lindsey, JCHC
10:30 – 11:30 am Roundtable Discussion: Mary Lindsey, JCHC
―Embracing Our Agricultural Past While Shaping a Sustainable Future
11:30 – 11:45 am Host Report – City of Wheat Ridge
- Ken Johnstone, Community Development
11:45 – 12:00 noon Announcements: Rose Lewis
- Jefferson County Historical Commission’s Future Activities and Events
12:00 – 1:15 pm Lunch Program: Deborah Andrews JCHC
- Michelle Chichester—Colorado Preservation Inc.
- Open Mike—Wheat Ridge Memories
- Geo-Caching—Mary Lindsey
1:30 to 3:30 pm Historic Site Tours: City of Wheat Ridge
(Please provide your own transportation)
- Ridge at 38—W. 38th Ave Main Street District
- Fruitdale School—10801 W. 44th Ave
- James H. Baugh House—W. 44th Ave & Robb St
- Wheat Ridge Historic Park—W. 44th Ave & Robb St