Historian Richard Gardner provided the following list of the 25 sites designated as “Centennial Sites” by the JCHC in 1976. Notes on some of these that have changed since that time are provided in italics. Some are National or State Register historic sites; others are not considered eligible for the current Landmark Program. Most of these are still publicly accessible sites significant to Jefferson County.
This list is provided as a point of interest only. Although many of the sites may still have the large Centennial Site plaque that was given to them in 1976, this designation presently confers no formal status.
- Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities (6901 Wadsworth Boulevard, Arvada)
- Astor House (822 12th Street, Golden)
- International Bell Museum (Upper Bear Creek Road, Evergreen)
Museum no longer exists; former “Jones Mansion.”
- Boettcher Mansion (900 Colorow Road, Lookout Mountain)
- Bradford House (Killdeer Lane off North Ranch Road, Ken Caryl Ranch)
Currently preserved as a stabilized ruin.
- Buffalo Bill’s Grave & Museum (987 Lookout Mountain Road, Lookout Mountain)
- Cabrini Shrine (20189 Cabrini Boulevard, Lookout Mountain)
- Colorado Railroad Museum (17155 West 44th Avenue, Golden)
- Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum (CSM Campus, Golden)
Then Berthoud Hall; Museum is now in a new building.
- Coors Brewery (Golden)
- Foothills Art Center (809 15th Street, Golden)
- Golden Pioneer Museum (10th Street, Golden)
Now Golden History Center
- Green Mercantile (17706 Jefferson County Highway 96, Buffalo Creek)
- Heritage Square (18301 West Colfax Avenue, Golden)
- Hiwan Homestead (4208 South Timbervale Drive, Evergreen)
- Jefferson County Courthouse (17th & Arapahoe Streets, Golden)
Building has been demolished and replaced by a new structure.
- Jewish Consumptives Relief Society (1600 Pierce Street, Lakewood)
Designated JCRS Historic District; now Rocky Mtn. College of Art & Design.
- Lakewood Heritage Center (797 South Wadsworth Boulevard, Lakewood)
- Lockheed Martin Space Systems (12275 South Colorado Highway 121, uninc. Littleton.)
- Loveland Block (1122 Washington Avenue, Golden)
- Lutheran Hospital (8300 West 38th Avenue, Wheat Ridge)
- Morrison Town Hall (110 Stone Street, Morrison)
- Wheat Ridge Soddy (4610 Robb Street, Wheat Ridge)
- Stone House (West Yale Avenue & 2800 South Estes Street, Lakewood)
- Fort Westernaire (15200 West 6th Avenue, Golden)