The Golden Gate Toll Road, also known as the Golden Gate & Gregory Road, climbed through Tucker Gulch and Golden Gate Canyon to the Central City Mining District.
Photos on this page are copyrighted by and used courtesy of Peter J. Modreski.
The plaque on the monument reads:
GOLDEN GATE TOLL ROAD
SHORT CUT TO GREGORY DIGGINGS
OPERATED FROM 1860 TO 1871
ALFRED TUCKER & ELISHA DUNCAN
DAUGHTERS OF COLORADO
MAY 12 1938