Note: This monument was removed due to construction (April 2014) and will be placed in a new location soon. We’ll provide an update then.
At the intersection of Alameda Parkway and the “Hogback Road” (Hwy. 93/26) is this monument. Construction of Alameda Parkway from Denver to Red Rocks was a Works Progress Administration project in about 1937, and the monument is near the main entrance to Red Rocks Park (Entrance 1). (An identical plaque and monument are placed at the other end of Alameda, where it intersects Sheridan Boulevard, on the border between Jefferson Co. and Denver Co.)
The plaque on the stone reads: